ehh random huge art post reference stylesheets for various eras please excuse any inaccuracies c:
History elitists are the reason why so many people find history boring…
Me at a buffet:
Me after a buffet:
How often have you been shopping and you come across something that is just PERFECT, but does not go up to your size? Over 60% of American women wear a size 14 or above, but only 17% of clothing sold is 14 & up. That is a ridiculous disparity.
Moreover, when some brands move into plus (ahem H&M), they throw their signature trendy looks by the wayside in favor of flowy dark fabrics that they think “work” for plus sizes. That is crap. Plus size women want color, print, and structure. Moreover, we want variety. A group this numerous cannot be a monolith, and since style is such a personal thing, we all have different tastes. I want #plussizeplease to be a way to showcase the demand for styles we’d buy and rock, and all the money brands are forfeiting by refusing to expand their sizes.
So here’s how to use it:
1) Snap a picture of a garment you love but does not come in your size. Include the brand and price, tagging the company if possible. For example, I am in love with this Zara marble print dress. I would have purchased it yesterday if it went above a size L. My tweet would be:
“.@Zara marble print sheath, $59. I’d buy it right now if it came in my size. #plussizeplease”
2) Use it on any social media – Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest… even Facebook supports hashtags now.
3) Tag anything you’d purchase, whether in store or online.
4) Feel free to include the size range it comes in and/or the size you think you’d need. Sizing can be tricky, so this is definitely not required.
5) Tell your friends! I don’t just want this to be a blogger thing – I want all women who wear size 14 and up to show their purchasing power and share styles they love. Let’s be unignorable!
These are gold.
The British National Party (or BNP) is a ultra-right wing political party in the UK. They hold xenophobic, racist, sexist, anti-gay, anti-immigrant, anti-Semitic and deeply fascist views (to name a few).
In 2009 BNP members ran for seats in the European Parliament claiming they were ‘Battling for Britain’. Their aims was to stop Eastern European immigration into the UK, particularly from Poland.
The British National Party’s poster for a campaign that promised ‘less Eastern European workers stealing British jobs’ featuring an iconic image of a Spitfire. The pictured Spitfire was flown during the Battle of Britain where it defended the British Isles from German invasion.
The pictured Spitfire belonged to, and was operated by, the 303 Squadron, a highly decorated, highly successful fighter squadron of the RAF - it also happened to be completely filled by Polish airmen (and one Canadian) who had been rescued from France before it’s occupation.
While fighting the immigration of Polish citizens into the UK, the BNP managed to call to memory the sacrifices made by Polish citizen who actually did ‘Battle for Britain’. Fortunately, in Britain’s time of need there were Polish airmen willing to do the job.
Otherwise known as - the most wonderful fuck up ever witnesses by these eyes.
Hussar Uniform, England, 1870s. Private Collection.
Another because why not.
Taken from reddit but it can’t be stressed enough
Making fun of fat people at the gym is like making fun of sick people at the hospital.
"Lol wow you’re doing chemotherapy? Clearly you suck at it if you still have cancer."